Myanmar is a place that has countless of wonders to offer. While the country is prominently popular for its breathtaking array of ancient pagodas, its beauty does not end there. A vast coastline surrounded by palm trees, pristine white sand, and crystal blue waters – Myanmar beaches are something you should definitely add in your wanderlust bucket list.
The country’s most amazing beaches are mostly located facing the west so you can definitely expect a one-of-a-kind view of the sunset. If you are wondering which beaches should land a spot in your in your Myanmar travel list, we’re here to help you out.
Indulge in the Picturesque Beauty of Ngapali Beach
Ngapali beach is the most popular beach destination in Myanmar. If you are a fan of the sun’s golden gleam, this beach will absolutely leave you in awe. Ngapali beach is a glimpse of paradise with its 7-kilometer coast encompassed with tropical palm trees and clear, turquoise water that reflects gorgeously against the tranquil skies. As Ngapali is quite developed and popular to tourists, the beach has a great selection of budget and premiere resorts, hotels and restaurants to accommodate you. Meanwhile, the place still evidently preserves its traditional culture, with Ngapali being home to local fishing villages.
Must-do activities in Ngapali Beach
- Cycling/motorbiking tour along the shore and through Ngapali’s local villages
- Surfing during the monsoon season when the waves perfectly embraces the sea
- A very spacious 18-hole golf course for golfing enthusiasts
- Discover rural lifestyle of the locals and explore fishing villages
- Boating trips to explore and get a scenic view of the island
- Scuba diving and snorkeling to experience the breathtaking ocean life
- Hot air balloon ride with Oriental Ballooning for an overview of Ngapali – check Destination Myanmar’s Twin Package (balloons+hotel) here (insert link)
- Indulge in a vast variety of fresh seafood which you can taste in restaurants along Pearl Island
- Experience luxurious accommodation in 5 star hotels in Ngapali
These are only a number of things you can absolutely experience when you visit Ngapali beach. If you’re looking for a more immersive beach adventure, Destination Myanmar is a tour company in Myanmar that can assist you with the best beach tour package that suits your preferences.
As Ngapali beach is quite famous, more and more tourists are looking for other beaches to visit in Myanmar. If you are one of those beach lovers who already experienced the beauty if Ngapali, then you may want to check Ngwe Saung next.
Find Tranquility in Ngwe Saung Silver Beach
Ngwe Saung is a 5-hour drive from the city of Yangon. It’s considered an untouched location since Ngwe Saung beach is not as fully modernized and developed like Ngapali. If you’re a beach enthusiast and you’re looking for a superbly relaxing and serene beach getaway, Ngwe Saung should be on top of your list. This beach is one of the most peaceful beach spots you’ll ever find in the country.
Ngwe Saung is also known as the “Silver Beach” thanks to its prepossessing white sand that fringes the coast. As its location also faces the west, unwinding by the beach lets you get a glorious look at the sunset gleaming over the sea. Even if Ngwe Saung is not much of a hotspot compared to Ngapali, the place still offers an equally pleasurable set of activities for you to experience.
Must-do activities in Ngwe Saung Silver Beach
- Explore fantastic seafood delicacies freshly caught from the sea by local fishermen
- Scuba diving and snorkeling to see untouched coral reefs and ocean life
- Sauntering the borderes of the beach during low tide
- Cycling/Motorbiking by the shore and through the local villages
- Watch Ngwe Saung’s idyllic panoramic view by the beach or in restaurants that offer a full view of the beach
- Fishing boat trip
The Silver Beach or Ngwe Saung is a great beach destination for families or individuals who want a quieter, more serene environment.
For a hassle-free vacation, hotels and resorts are usually booked beforehand. This is why getting the help of the best travel agency in Myanmar is more ideal for you to experience the most out of Ngwe Saung. Explore hidden gems and understand local life to the fullest with the guide of Destination Myanmar!